Centennial Parklands has the best plans for the future of its Parks
Centennial Parklands was also awarded Best Strategic Planning for the Moore Park 2040 Master Plan which delivers a robust planning framework and guiding principles for the future direction and management of Moore Park and will enriched and revitalised the community.
After extensive consultation with the public and stakeholders, and 700 letters and emails detailing what you want from Moore Park, we created this interactive plan. Some of the proposed interventions included:
- Extensive tree plantings to make Moore Park into a peaceful oasis
- Greater provisions for cyclists and pedestrians, and improve safety and amenity for all Park visitors
- More provision for passive recreation, such as walking and picnicking
- Retention of the amazing 18 hole golf course in Moore Park Golf. Which was consequently voted one of the best Australian Golf Courses earlier this year.
- Develop the sporting facilities
The implementation of the plan has already begun, with the recent unveiling of the updated Centennial Parklands Sports Centre, which has amazing new, cutting-edge sporting facilities. As well as upgrading the Moore Park Gold Driving Range, restoration of the historically significant Toll House and improved parking redevelopment at ES Marks Field.
Centennial Parklands will now go on to the National Awards, which will be announced at the International Parks Congress Awards of Excellence Gala Dinner on 16 October at the MCG in Melbourne, Victoria.
Tell us how much you enjoy the Parklands by tagging us @centparklands on Twitter and Instagram