The Moore Park Cricket Association installed a drinking fountain near the corner of Cleveland and South Dowling Streets, dedicated to the memory of comrades who fell in the Great War of 1914-18.
Located on the corner of Cleveland Street and Moore Park Road, this sandstone memorial with bronze plaque features small bronze lion heads.
The drinking fountain has been incorporated on front and rear of monument.
The plaque on front reads:
“This fountain was erected by the members of the Moore Park Cricket Association in Commemoration of their comrades who fell in the Great War 1914- 1918. Courage. Peace. For God, King and country” (includes a list of 33 killed at war).
The memorial was restored in 2004 repairing years of damage from the effects of weather and pollution.