Skip to content

Anzac Parade Obelisk

Anzac Parade was originally called Randwick Road. In 1917 a striking sandstone obelisk dedicated to the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps was erected at the start of the road after it was renamed Anzac Parade.

The obelisk was designed and constructed by R H Brodrick, the city architect.

The plaque on the obelisk reads:

This remodeled roadway was officially opened by Lady Mayoress of Sydney Mrs RD Meagher. 15 March 1917. The Rt Hon RD Meagher, MLA, Speaker Lord Mayor of Sydney. RHJ Brodrick, City Architect. AM Brigg, City Surveyor. TN Nesbitt, Town Clerk.
scripttarget