The sale of the proposed residential subdivision adjacent to Centennial Park and Moore Park was finally ratified in November 1904, the Centenary Park Sale Bill was passed without amendment, and the land was sold at auction in the early months of 1905.
A protective covenant was placed on the land to exclude the building of terrace housing, wooden buildings or any commercial buildings. These covenants were less restrictive for the land at the eastern side of Cook Road permitting semi-detached houses. The Covenants were implemented to provide a suitable environment and appropriate vistas for the new Park. Houses were soon developed on the land along Lang and Martin roads.
The nature of the roads was transformed in 1905 with the introduction of the motorcar. The growing use by motor vehicles required roads with rounded and deeply set stone kerbs.
Joseph Maiden made designs for these new additions, which were implemented throughout New South Wales. All the major roads in the Parklands were kerbed and guttered with Maiden's sandstone kerb detail and pedestrian pathways built on either side of the roads.
The E.S. Marks Athletic Field opened in Moore Park in 1906.
In 1908 the Department of Agriculture took charge of the administration for much of what is today the Parklands, and continued in this role for over 70 years.
By 1912 the nursery at Centennial Park was producing 150,000 plants per year. They were used in flowerbeds and shrubberies, with ornamental plantings placed around the northern shores of the main lakes and along the central roadways. The plantings became a focus for the Park and were popular with recreational visitors.
Public toilets were introduced to the Parklands in 1915, and later in 1939 and 1955, with several additions since the 1960s, and again in 2005.
In July 1916 Moore Park Zoo ceased to exist when the Trustees of Taronga Park took over responsibility for all the employees and animals. Moore Park Zoo was identified as being too small about six years earlier. Following the transfer of Moore Park Zoo to Taronga Park, the gardens at Moore Park were opened to the public for a few years until the land was given to the Department of Education in 1920.