Centennial Parklands provides around 360 hectares of space for a diverse range of activities and visitors. Over 30 million visits are made to the Parklands each year.
Centennial Parklands is a self-funded public parklands. Corporate Volunteer contributions enhance the environment of the Parklands for the native fauna and visitors and provide valuable assistance in maintaining what is one of the most popularly visited green spaces in Australia.
What activities are available?
Environment and culture – Restoration of an important Aboriginal bush tucker garden
Asset Maintenance – Painting the iconic horse fence around Grand Drive
Team building – Carp fishing. Please note this activity is currently not available.
Our Corporate activities may include a blend of team building, social interaction,and working to improve the environment and amenities.
What does the day entail?
Qualified and experienced staff will meet, greet and induct your team. We provide all the equipment and training needed for a worthwhile and safe volunteering experience.
What do participants need to bring?
Please ensure that your staff bring a hat, sunscreen, and water, a raincoat in case of rain, and wear appropriate clothing and covered footwear with good soles.
Why volunteer at the Parklands?
- The work you do is essential in maintaining Centennial Parklands not only as a beautiful public space for the entire community but also as a world leading Parklands.
- You can enjoy a day away from the office in fresh air where your company will benefit from increased team morale and improve the environment at the same time.
- We have free parking and are close to public transport and the city.
- Café and picnic tables nearby. Bookable picnic sites are available if you want to guarantee a particular site for your use.
What does it cost?
A tax deductable donation to the Centennial Parklands Foundation which fund major projects in Centennial Parklands such as the Ian Potter Children's WILD PLAY Garden.
For more information on available programs, please contact the Parklands Volunteer Coordinator on (02) 9339 6699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The number of attendees
- Preferred dates - this program usually runs on Tuesday or Thursday
- A contact number.