If statues could talk ... what can we learn from the beautiful but silent guardians of Centennial Park?
Join Jane Foss Barff - one of Sydney's first female academics (played by Juliet Scrine) for a leisurely 90 minute promenade visiting many of the landmarks of one of the world's largest urban parks. You will learn interesting historical facts, visit some secret spots, meet some native inhabitants and enjoy the stunning scenery of this beautiful and vibrant park.
On this journey into the past you will discover
- Who lost his head?
- How a Russian cannon ended up in the home of Australian Federation
- What animal can travel over land, swim in fresh and salt water and swim for 20,000 kilometres to find true love
- And was Busby really a Bore?
Please wear comfortable shoes, a sunhat and sunscreen and bring some bottled water.
Meeting Point: Centennial Homestead
Do not attend our programs, if
- You show any COVID-19 symptoms or feel unwell.
- You have travelled overseas or to a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days
- Your have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You had a positive COVID-19 test result within in the last 4 months.
We will refund you're ticket if you or your child show any symptoms of Covid-19 and cannot attend.
Covid-19 Safety Plan
Terms and conditions