What is the event?
Moonlight Cinema is an open-air cinema screening latest release, contemporary, cult and classic movies on the lawns of the picturesque Belvedere Amphitheatre (corner of Carrington Drive and Broome Avenue), Centennial Park.
The summer 2023-24 season runs from Thursday 23 November 2023 to Sunday 24 March 2024 inclusive. Gather a group of friends, book your tickets and relax with a picnic as the sun sets and the screen lights up.
Where can I find more information about the event and how to attend?
For information about the event, how to buy tickets and how to get to the venue visit: https://sydney.moonlight.com.au/
Which areas of Centennial Parklands are impacted by this event and when?
Belvedere Amphitheatre will be temporarily fenced from Tuesday 14 November 2023 until Thursday 28 March 2024.
I am not attending the event, will I still be able to access Centennial Parklands on the event day/s?
Yes, the Belvedere Amphitheatre event site will be open for all regular park users until 4.00 pm each screening day. After that time, the site will be closed in preparation for the evening event.
A walking corridor is maintained around the western side of the event site between Belvedere Amphitheatre and Federation Valley for dog owners.
What will the traffic and access impacts be?
To facilitate easier patron access and parking in the vicinity please note the following traffic changes will occur:
- Carrington Drive will become one way from Woollahra Gates to Paddington Gates from 5.30 pm from 23 November 2023 through to 24 March 2024 on Moonlight Cinema screening days only.
- Parking is available form 6.00pm on Carrington Drive north to the right of the dotted road line from 23 November 2023 through to 24 March 2024 on Moonlight Cinema screening days only.
- Broome Avenue will be closed from Tuesday 14 November 2023 until Thursday 28 March 2024.
- Loch Avenue is closed southbound from Woollahra Gates to Robinson Drive from approximately 5.30 pm and northbound from Grand Drive to Woollahra Gates from approximately 7.30 pm each evening on Moonlight Cinema screening nights only.
Note if you are attending Moonlight, it is recommended you bring a torch to assist you in making your way to and from the venue.
Mobility Pass Holder access:
- Gate Closures: None – all gates as per normal operations. Cinema parking entry via Woollahra & Paddington Gates, and cinema exit via Paddington & Woollahra Gates only.
- Parking restrictions - Moonlight Cinema Screening Day only:
- Special Event Clearways are set up along Loch Ave North from 6.00 pm to 1.00 am.
- No parking is permitted on Loch Ave North during the event screenings.
- Special Event Clearways are set up along Carrington Drive from 5.30 pm to 6.00 pm.
Designated parking is available for mobility parking holders on Carrington Drive, between Woollahra Gates and Broome Avenue.
Will Centennial Homestead be open as usual?
Will Greenhouse Café be open as usual?
Will Spruce Goose be open as usual?
Will Centennial Park Cycle Hire still be operating as usual?
Will there be any sound impacts related to this event?
We are committed to comply with all legislation and guidelines covering permissible sound levels at outdoor events. This includes pre-event sound checking, as well as event day monitoring and management of noise levels to adjust according to the prevailing weather conditions (e.g. wind strength and direction).
Sound and projection testing will occur on Wednesday 22 November between 5.00 pm and 6.00 pm as well as between 7.00 pm and 10.00pm. Sound levels are expected to be the same as per screening nights.
Moonlight Cinema will operate from Tuesday through Sundays for an approximate screening start time from 8.00 – 8.30 pm. Screenings will conclude no later than 11.00 pm each night depending on film.
Moonlight Cinema from time to time may conduct periodic sound testing between 10.00 am to 6.00 pm during the season to ensure the audio system is operating effectively. For any sound issues at night when the event is operational, please contact the Moonlight Cinema Sound Hotline: 0482 660 947 from 8:00 pm until film conclusion on screening nights.
For other Park related matters, please contact (02) 9339 6699 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust Noise Management Plan is available here on our website here
How can I find out more information on scheduled events in Centennial Parklands?
We provide information via our website, eNewsletters, Facebook, Twitter, What’s On brochure, local publications and/or (at times) via letterbox drop. You can sign up to our eNewsletter
or join our online community via Facebook
to ensure you are informed.
What other events are scheduled to take place in Centennial Parklands?
Visit our What’s On page here
to see what other events are happening in Centennial Parklands.
How do I find out about holding an event in Centennial Parklands?
Centennial Parklands has a range of venues for hire to suit a variety of different events. Please visit our Venue Hire page here
to learn more.