Q. What is the event?
A. Polo in the City brings the prestige and glamour of the modern game of polo to Centennial Parklands. This event promises a daring display of spectacular riding and ball skills from the world’s finest polo players. It will be held on Saturday 11 November 2023 from 11.00 am – 6.00 pm at Mission Fields, Centennial Park. Limited free public spectator viewing is available in a designated area at the event.
Q. Where can I find more information about the event and how to attend?
A. You can find out more information on the official website here: http://polointhecity.com/
Q. Which areas of Centennial Parklands are impacted by this event and when?
A. Polo in the City will be held at Mission Fields in Centennial Park. An event of this size requires a number of days to install and dismantle the infrastructure.
Installation will commence on Tuesday 7 November with the site fenced off to the general public for safety reasons from Tuesday 7 November until Monday 13 November.
During the construction period, large vehicles will be required to access the event site at Mission Fields and traffic control will be in place on Grand Drive at Randwick Gates to facilitate safe vehicle movement. This may cause minor traffic delays as trucks cross Grand Drive. Please comply with Ranger directions during this time for your own safety.
Q. I am not attending the event; will I still be able to access Centennial Park on the event day?
A. Yes, you will still be able to access Centennial Park on the event day however you may experience traffic congestion due to the increase in visitors over the weekend.
Q. What will the traffic and access impacts be?
A. There will be parking limitations on Parkes Drive in Centennial Park due to the installation of an event patron drop off zone. We recommend you plan your trip and use public transport: http://www.transportnsw.info/
Will Centennial Homestead be open as usual?
A. Yes, Centennial Homestead opening hours as per usual.
Q. Will Spruce Goose Diner be open as usual?
A. Yes, Spruce Goose opening hours as per usual.
Q. Will the Greenhouse Café be open as usual?
A. Yes, Greenhouse Cafe opening hours as usual.
Q. Will the Centennial Park Cycle Hire still be operating?
A. Yes, Centennial Park Cycle Hire opening hours as usual.
Q. Will Bar Coco still be operating?
A. Yes, Bar Coco opening hours as usual.
Q. Will there be any sound impacts related to this event?
A. Polo in the City will have low level amplified music contained to the hospitality marquees as well as amplified commentary during the Polo matches themselves. The hours of the sound check are between 10.00 am to 10.30 am and sound associated with event are 11.00 am to 6.00 pm on Saturday 11 November 2023.
The Trust is committed to complying with all legislation and guidelines covering amplified sound levels at outdoor events. The Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust Noise Management Plan is available on our website: https://www.centennialparklands.com.au/about-us/centennial-park-moore-park-trust/noise-management-plan
Q. How can I find out more information on scheduled events in Centennial Parklands?
- Road Closures – There are no planned road closures in relation to this event.
- Gate Closures – Govett Gate will be closed to vehicles on Saturday 11 November 2023, pedestrians and cyclists are welcome.
- Parking restrictions: There will be a drop off zone set up for Polo in the City on Parkes Drive, however through traffic will still be able to access this road.
- Mobility Pass Holder access: N/A
- Horse and rider access: There is no planned closure of the horse track related to this event. Large trucks will be accessing the Mission Fields via the service road adjacent to the Equestrian Grounds for the duration of the site occupation (Tuesday 7 November to Monday 13 November 2023). Riders should exercise due care and caution during this time.
- Cyclist and Rollerblader access: Large trucks will be accessing the Mission Fields via the service road adjacent to the Equestrian Grounds for the duration of the site occupation (Tuesday 7 November to Monday 13 November 2023). Cyclists should exercise due care and caution whilst large vehicles are in the Park.
We provide information via our website, eNewsletters, Facebook, Twitter, What’s On brochure, local publications and/or (at times) via letterbox drop. You can sign up to our eNewsletter
or join our online community via Facebook
to ensure you are informed.
Q. What other events are scheduled to take place in Centennial Parklands?
A. Visit our What’s On web page here to see what other events are happening in Centennial Parklands.
Q. How do I find out about holding an event in Centennial Parklands?
A. Centennial Parklands has a range of venues for hire to suit a variety of different events. Please visit our venue hire web page to learn more. https://www.centennialparklands.com.au/venue-hire