Sketch in the scenic surrounds of Centennial Park. You will be guided through practical tips on composition, sketching, building up form and structure and developing your own individual style. This workshop is for beginners or advanced students. Materials included.
Tutor: David Pavich
What to expect and what to bring
Please try to arrive 10-15 minutes before the class starts as it will begin promptly.
- 10 am: Meet and greet
- David will demonstrate the techniques to be learnt and practised this morning
- David will instruct students on basic plan of the lesson
- Distribution of the painting materials, including brushes, paints, palettes, paper, and boards
- 10.15am: Students to choose a spot from which to make paintings. David to instruct and guide students as they work.
- 11.40 am: Students to return to the Discovery Centre building.
- 11.45pm: Critique and discussion.
What to bring
- A rug or small stool to sit on. This is not compulsory, but it will give you more flexibility for where to sit outside. There are benches, rocks and grassy areas in the Park.