Enjoy a morning collecting materials and using your imagination as you reinvent your found objects and finish or plan a small mixed media artwork. You will think about composition, colour, and placement. You will learn how to create a ground on a canvas or canvas board and how to attach found materials with glues or stitching. Great for beginners and those wanting to create imaginative personal and collaborative projects.
Please note: this class is strictly 18+
What to expect and what to bring
Please try to arrive 10-15 minutes before the class starts. Mary will start promptly.
- 10 am: Meet and greet with complementary tea and coffee
- Mary will demonstrate the techniques to be learnt and practised this morning and will instruct students on basic plan of the lesson
- Distribution of the painting materials, inlcuding brushes, sponges, paints, palettes, paper, and boards
- 10.15 - 10.30am: Students to collect and choose materials to use in artworks. Some materials will already be available to save time. Others can be added from outside. Mary to instruct and guide students as they work.
- 12.10pm: Critique and discussion.
- 12.30pm: Pack up and depart.
What to bring:
- Small bottle for water
- Warm clothes
- A rug or small stool to sit on. This is not compulsory, but it will give you more flexibility for where to sit outside. There are benches, rocks and grassy areas in the Park.