Skip to content

Crimean War cannons

On either side of ‘We Won’ statue in Centennial Park are two imposing cannons.

The Russian cannons were souvenired from the Battle of Sevastopol during the Crimean War and were donated to Centennial Park by the Royal Botanic Garden. They were placed in their current position in 1920 to revitalise an area which had been neglected and were restored as part of the Stone Maintenance Program in the 1990s.

scripttarget