Skip to content

Food and Beverage

Guidelines for event organisers operating in Centennial Parklands


If you are planning to have food and beverages (including alcohol) available at your event, there are a number of requirements that must be met beforehand.

Approval for Temporary Food Stalls

  • Food operators must obtain approval for temporary food stalls from the relevant local Council, so that food safety can be monitored and managed by the relevant authority.
    - Centennial Park falls within the jurisdiction of Randwick Council
    - Moore Park falls within the jurisdiction of City of Sydney
    - Queens Park falls within the jurisdiction of Waverly Council
  • Event organisers should coordinate stall holders' applications for approval and submit applications to the relevant Council at least 14 days prior to the event date to enable them to process the applications. Please note fees apply.
  • A copy of the approval permit must be forwarded to the Venue Services team prior to the event taking place.

Alcohol - Liquor Licence

  • For events where alcohol is to be served or sold, a Liquor Licence will need to be issued by NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing.
  • Event organisers should apply for a Liquor Licence  immediately afer the event is booked  to ensure time for the application to be processed.
  • A copy of the approved Liquor Licence must be forwarded to the Venue Services team prior to the event taking place.
  • Further information is available on the NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming & Racing's website.

Venue Restrictions

As well as complying with the conditions of the Liquor Licence, Centennial Parklands has a number of restrictions relating to the service of alcohol at events:

  • Alcohol sales are to cease a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the scheduled event conclusion.
  • Alcoholic beverages sold within a licensed event may not be taken out of the event site. Bins should be provided at the egress points from your site to assist patrons in disposing of beverages and other waste before leaving the event site.
  • Beverages are not permitted to be served in glass (bottles or glasses).
  • Glass beverage containers are only permitted in back of house areas.
  • In front of house areas drinks are to be poured into plastic containers before being served to patrons.
  • Shatter proof/crumple plastic cups or polycarbonate glassware should be used for all front of house service.