Connect to Country (Early Stage 1)
Our Connect to Country program focuses on integrating Aboriginal culture and values within the 5 key outcomes of the early years learning framework (below). Children will connect with local country of Centennial Park and Burra (eel) spotting, get creative with sand art and play a range of Traditional Indigenous games.
This program is run by our service provider Deadly Ed and can be booked for every Thursday during term.
- Cultural Heritage Walk around the wetlands of Centennial Park
- Sand Art
- Traditional Indigenous Games
Book your Aboriginal School Excursion via the Book Now button.
Link to Early Years Learning Framework:
• Children have a strong sense of identity
• Children are connected with and contribute to their world
• Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
• Children are confident and involved learners
• Children are effective communicators.
The Education Access Pass Program
covers all program and transport costs for schools with an FOEI higher than 125 and community organisations that work with groups in need.
Please contact us
directly with the name of the program and your group size and we can help you organise a free program.
This program is funded through the Legacy Fund of the Centennial Parklands Foundation