Read the story about Ficus the Flying Fox coming to Centennial Park.
Write and perform an interview with Ficus for TV (Flying Fox News).
Make sure you ask him why he had to move, why he chose Centennial Park and why everyone should like flying foxes. You could even ask him how people can help flying foxes.
Flying foxes chose Centennial Park for their Sydney Headquarters because there were lots of good trees to hang in and feed on.
Design a Flying Fox Headquarters for your area.
Using natural materials, make a model of your Flying Fox Headquarters and take a photo (you might want to add labels in an iBook). Explain your model to a friend and compare.
Your headquarters needs:
- trees for hanging in
- trees with flowers and fruit to eat
- somewhere to cool down and drink in hot weather
- safe fences to stop dogs and other things that might scare the flying foxes
- paths nearby so people can watch and learn about flying foxes
- picnic tables away from places bats might poo.
This is an example of Flying Fox Headquarters: