Early Stage 1 Science
This science excursion aims to provide Early Stage 1 students with an opportunity to explore the natural world through play-based, scientific and sensory activities.
Sensory Explorer activities:
- Nature-based sensory games that focus on colour, season, textures, animal behaviour and survival
- Nature walk and tally chart making, displaying data that outlines plants and animals found in Centennial Parklands
- Bugliest bug (minibeast) hunt.
Curriculum links and syllabus outcomes:
- Ste-4WS Explores their immediate surroundings by questioning, observing and using their senses and communicating to share their observations and ideas
- Ste-8NE Identifies the basic needs of living things.
Read the Subject Page (PDF)