A full day hands-on NESA accredited PD course designed for educators interested in establishing, enhancing or further developing Outdoor Learning and Bush School programs. Suitable for educators taking students outside, in early childhood, family daycare and primary schools. You will gain a practical understanding of nature pedagogy, the role of the educator, site and risk assessment, outdoor games and how nature connection contributes to wellbeing.
Delivered by Centennial Parklands Education Staff in our outdoor classroom, this program will be held mostly outside. Participants will experience a range of hands on activities and reflective practice to inspire and engage learners to get children outside and into nature.
Completing Introduction to Outdoor Learning, Bush School and Nature Play will contribute 5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and assessment of NSW Curriculum/Early Years Learning Framework addressing standard descriptor 2.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
- Nature Pedagogy
- The benefits of outdoor learning/nature play for early childhood and primary school students
- The role of the educator in outdoor learning
- How to establish an outdoor classroom to deliver the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) /Syllabus content
- Managing students in outdoor classrooms
- Skills for site assessments that enable educators to set up enriching outdoor learning spaces e.g. in the playground, centre or off site in parklands/bushland.
- Activities for outdoor learning that can be linked to the EYLF/Syllabus content
- Outdoor learning to develop wellbeing and resilience.
Dates: Saturday 4th November 2023
Time: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Loction: WILD PLAY Discovery Centre, Centennial Park
Cost: $160 per person
We are taking our Professional Development Courses on the Road:
Our Greater Sydney Parklands educators are bringing our professional development courses to your school, early childhood centre or local green space. We are seeking expressions of interest to deliver either our full-day 5 hour NESA accredited Introduction to Outdoor Learning, Bush School and Nature Play program, or 2 hour NESA accredited Science and Geography curriculum options.
Contact us for more information and to discuss your needs - email@example.com