A full day course designed for educators interested in establishing, enhancing or further developing Outdoor Learning and Bush School programs. Suitable for educators taking students outside, in early childhood, family daycare and primary schools. You will gain a practical understanding of nature pedagogy, the role of the educator, site and risk assessment, outdoor games and how nature connection contributes to wellbeing.
- Introduction to Nature Pedagogy
- The Art of Nature Connection Mentoring
- The educators' toolbox: introductory bushcraft, storytelling, ecological learning, nature play games, sensory activities and eco-art
- Evaluating and assessing learning landscapes
- Skills for site and risk assessments
- Risks and benefits of outdoor play
- Nature Connection for wellbeing, mindfulness and resilience
Dates: Late 2021
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Loction: WILD PLAY Discovery Centre, Centennial Park
Enquiries: 02 9339 6645 or email our education team.