The Ian Potter Children’s WILD PLAY Garden will be closed for annual maintenance this August. This time allows for our plants to take a rest, our teams to conduct maintenance and repairs, and the Garden to restore itself before we reopen to everyone in spring.
The closure will be in place from Monday 1 August to Wednesday 31 August 2022, reopening on Thursday 1 September 2022.
The Garden is a state-of-the-art nature play space that has been designed as a ‘play ecosystem’ to engage, intrigue, teach and excite children of all ages and abilities about the importance of nature play and the environment.
August is an ideal time for annual four week rejuvenation period as there are less visitors in the Garden, the water play feature is off and it allows our team to undertake key works that can’t be done during our normal operating times.
Works being undertaken during the closure include:
- Installing an additional 850 native and exotic plant species and weed species removal
- Soils and mulch revitalisation
- Clean and oil recoating of timber surfaces
- Extensive tree inspections, shrub and grasses pruning and remedial works (where needed)
- Pathways cleaning and restoration
- Clean of stormwater pits and concrete surfaces in the male and female amenities
- Timber decking and furniture will be re-weatherguarded
- An independent safety inspection to re-certify the Garden.
More places to play
Centennial Park's playgrounds are all located close to parking and/or public transport. The playgrounds are available during Centennial Park's opening hours – sunrise to sunset all year round.
View more places to play at Centennial Parklands here.