The Ian Potter Children’s WILD PLAY Garden will take an annual break every August. This time allows for our plants to take a rest, our teams to conduct maintenance and repairs, and the Garden to restore itself before we reopen to everyone in spring.
The closure will be in place from Saturday 1 August to Monday 31 August 2020.
The Garden is a state-of-the-art nature play space that has been designed as a ‘play ecosystem’ to engage, intrigue, teach and excite children of all ages and abilities about the importance of nature play and the environment.
August is an ideal time for annual four week rejuvenation period as there are less visitors in the Garden, the water play feature is off and it allows our team to undertake key works that can’t be done during our normal operating times.
Works being undertaken during that time include:
- An additional 400 plants will be introduced
- Soils will be replenished with organic matter/compost
- New timber log edging edging
- Detailed tree inspections
- Pathways will be restored
- Water feature filters will be cleaned and refreshed
- Timber decking and furniture will be re-weatherguarded
- A third party safety inspection will be conducted during this time for an independent review and a re-certification of the Garden will be completed.
More places to play
Centennial Park's playgrounds are all located close to parking and/or public transport. The playgrounds are available during Centennial Park's opening hours – sunrise to sunset all year round.
View more places to play at Centennial Parklands here.