Listen Out is an over 18’s outdoor music event held at Brazilian Fields & Loch Ave South in Centennial Park. The event will take place on Saturday 30 September 2023 from 12.00 pm to 10.00 pm with up to 30,000 patrons expected to attend.
Bump in will take place from Thursday 21 September 2023 and bump out will conclude on Wednesday 4 October 2023. Please consider your activities during this time and note the operational information below.
For more information, please visit Listen Out 2023 Event FAQs
Sound checks and rehearsals will be carried out between 3.00 pm and 5.00 pm on Friday 29 September and 11.00 am and 12.00 pm on Saturday 30 September 2023. The event sound will run from 12.00pm to 10.00 pm.
The event hotline will operate during the sound checks and rehearsals from 3.00pm to 5.00pm on Friday 29 September, and from 11.00am to 10.30pm on Saturday 30 September.
The hotline phone number is (02) 9339 6616.
There will be some traffic changes and road closures in and around Centennial Park on the event day, which will be managed by the NSW Police to guide both pedestrian and vehicle traffic around the event precinct.
To safely facilitate patron egress from Centennial Park between 8.00 pm and 11.00 pm the following temporary road closures will be in place:
- Driver Avenue will be closed from Lang Road to the southern turning circle
- Lang Road will be closed from Anzac Parade to Cook Road
- Moore Park Road will be closed from Oxford Street to Oatley Road
- Resident access will be maintained at all times
All Centennial Park vehicle gates will operate as normal except for:
- Paddington and Jervois Gates, which will be closed to vehicles all day on Saturday 30 September 2023
- Govett Street Gate & Robertson Road Exit Gate closed from 12.00 pm on Saturday 30 September 2023
- Jervois Gates pedestrian access - closed from 6pm on Saturday 30 September.
Internal road restrictions
- Parkes Drive: closed all day from Paddington Gates to Dickens Drive.
- Hamilton Drive: closed all day.
- Dickens Drive: closed all day east of Parkes Drive to Grand Drive.
- Jervois Ave: closed all day.
- Loch Avenue South: closed 21 September to 4 October between Dickens Drive and Grand Drive.
- Closed all day from Robertson Road Gates at the Chicane past Café Corner to Loch Avenue on event day.
- In addition, Centennial Parklands will be closed to all equestrian use from 11.00 am on the day of the event (horses not permitted to enter Parklands after 10.00 am).
- The horse track will also be closed from the corner of Parkes and Grand Drive to Loch Ave from Friday 29 September until Tuesday 3 October 2023 (until opened at aprpox 10.00 am).
Cyclist and rollerblader access
- Grand Drive will remain open as normal but congestion in the area is expected, please plan accordingly.
Ian Potter Children's WILD PLAY Garden
- Ian Potter Children's WILD PLAY Garden will open as normal from 10am - 5pm. Parking restrictions apply (please see below for details).
- Open but expect congestion on the track between Parkes Drive and Loch Avenue as large crowds cross into Parade Grounds towards the event entry point.
- No parking on Grand Drive between Robertson Road Gates and Dickens Drive East (past York Road Gates)
- No parking on road closures (see above details of road closures)
- Mobility Pass Holder parking: designated mobility parking areas available at various locations in Centennial Park.
Drop off / pick up zones
- Four taxi / Uber drop off zones will be in operation from 12.00 pm – 6.00 pm during ingress:
- Grand Drive east of Parkes Drive (internal to Centennial Park)
- Grand Drive east of Randwick Gates (internal to Centennial Park)
- Northern end of Lang Road, just south of Moore Park Road (external to Centennial Park)
- Darley Road south of Randwick Gates (external to Centennial Park)
- Taxi / Uber pick up zone in operation from 8.00 pm – 11.00 pm on egress:
- Driver Ave adjacent to the SCG, entry via Moore Park Road
- Coaches / private buses
- A drop off and collection point will be operating from the northern end of Driver Ave, Moore Park.
- Private Coaches can park at the northern end of Driver Avenue for the entirety of the event – entry via Moore Park Road.
For special event clearways visit livetraffic.com
and click on Moore Park events.
Should you have any further enquiries regarding this event, please read the Event FAQs under the event’s What’s On listing on our website
or contact the Parklands Office on (02) 9339 6699.
For information about the event, how to buy tickets and how to get there, please visit the event website here