The Ian Potter Children’s WILD PLAY Garden will take an annual break every August. This time allows for our plants to take a rest, our teams to conduct maintenance and repairs, and the Garden to restore itself before we reopen to everyone in spring.
The closure will be in place from Wednesday 1 to Friday 31 August 2018.
The Garden is a state-of-the-art nature play space that has been designed as a ‘play ecosystem’ to engage, intrigue, teach and excite children of all ages and abilities about the importance of nature play and the environment.
August is an ideal time for annual four week rejuvenation period as there are less visitors in the Garden, the water play feature is off and it allows our team to undertake key works that can’t be done during our normal operating times.
Works being undertaken during that time include:
- An additional 2,000 plants will be introduced
- Two new sunscreen stations will be added
- New pathways will be made for the children to explore
- The landscape team from the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney will be buidling new features
- Mulch and sandpits will be replenished
- Water feature filters will be cleaned and refreshed
- Timber decking and furntire will be re-weathergaurded
- A third party inspection will be conducted during this time for an independent review and a re-certification of the Garden will be completed.