Listen Out is an over 18’s outdoor music event held at Brazilian Fields & Loch Ave South in Centennial Park. The event will take place on Saturday 29 September 2018 from 1.00 pm to 10.00 pm with up to 35,000 patrons expected to attend.
Internal road closures and access
Due to the scale of this event traffic congestion and delays are expected in and around Centennial Parklands on the day of the event. We recommend you plan your trip and use public transport. Plan it here www.transportnsw.info
To facilitate easier patron access in the vicinity the following traffic changes will occur: Gate Closures:
All Centennial Park vehicle gates will operate as normal except for Paddington and Jervois Gates, which will be closed to vehicles all day on Saturday 29 September 2018.
Govett Street Gate & Robertson Road Exit Gate closed from 12.00 pm on Saturday 29 September 2018. Internal Road Closures and restrictions: Parkes Drive:
closed all day from Paddington Gates to Dickens Drive. Hamilton Drive:
closed all day. Dickens Drive:
closed all day east of Parkes Drive to Grand Drive. Jervois Ave:
closed all day. Loch Avenue South:
closed 24 September 2018 to 3 October 2018 between Dickens Drive and Grand Drive. Horse Track:
closed all day from Robertson Road Gates at the Chicane past Café Corner to Loch Avenue on event day.
In addition, Centennial Parklands will be closed to all equestrian use from 12.00 pm on the day of the event (horses not permitted to enter Parklands after 11.00 am). The horse track will also be closed from the corner of Parkes and Grand Drive to Loch Ave from Friday 28 September 2018 until Tuesday 2 October 2018 (until opened approx. 10.00 am). Cyclist and Rollerblader access
: Grand Drive will remain open as normal Jogging:
Open but expect congestion on the track between Parkes Drive and Loch Avenue as large crowds cross into Parade Grounds towards the event entry point. Parking restrictions:
- No parking on Grand Drive between Robertson Road Gates and Dickens Drive East (past York Road Gates)
- No parking on road closures (see above details of road closures)
- Two taxi / Uber drop off zones in operation from 12.00 pm – 6.00 pm during ingress:
- Grand Drive east of Parkes Drive (internal to Centennial Park)
- Northern end of Lang Road, just south of Moore Park Road (external to Centennial Park)
- Taxi / Uber pick up zone in operation from 8.00pm – 11.00pm on egress:
- Driver Ave adjacent to Sydney Cricket Ground, entry via Moore Park Road.
- Coaches / Private Buses Drop Off and Collection Point will be operating from the Kippax Carpark on Driver Ave, Moore Park. Private Coaches are able to park at the Kippax Carpark for the entirety of the event.
- Mobility Pass Holder parking: designated mobility parking areas available at various locations in Centennial Park.
External road closures and access
A Traffic Management Plan specific to the event has been developed in conjunction with NSW Police, Roads and Maritime Services and the State Transit Authority.
This Traffic Management Plan aims to address safety concerns and minimise impacts on neighbouring residents and traffic in and around Centennial Park.
On event day there will be some traffic changes and police managed road closures in and around Centennial Park to manage both pedestrian and vehicle traffic around the precinct.
To facilitate patron egress from approximately 8.30 pm – 11.00 pm for safety reasons the following temporary road closures will be in place:
Residents of Robertson Road and Martin Road please note:
- Driver Avenue will be closed from Lang Road to the Southern Turning Circle
- Lang Road will be closed from Anzac Parade to Cook Road
- Moore Park Road will be closed from Oxford Street to Oatley Road
Police will be on point to assist patron egress and will manage traffic at this point for safety reasons.
For special event clearways visit livetraffic.com
and click on Moore Park events.
If you have any concerns about road closures, please contact the Parklands on (02) 9339 6699 to discuss.
For information about the event, how to buy tickets and how to get there, please visit the event website here
To view the full list of FAQs on our website please visit the What's On page here