Centennial Park, see interactive map here
About the Pavilion
The Vernon Pavilion stands in the centre of the Park near Randwick Pond.
Known previously as Shelter Pavilion, it is the second of two similar structures designed by Walter Vernon, Government Architect, the first being constructed in The Royal Botanic Gardens in 1897.
Both structures were originally designed with hardwood shingle roofs, the shingles at Centennial Park being replaced with terracotta shingles from the old Zoo, formerly in Moore Park in 1919.
It is a stone structure with a finely detailed timber framed roof structure supporting a complex hipped roof topped with 4 matching metal finials and a large central finial.
In 2010, the Trust discreetly added a wheelchair-accessible picnic table and ramp at the rear of the Pavilion.