Early Stage 1 Science
This science excursion aims to provide Early Stage 1 students with an opportunity to explore the natural world through play-based, scientific and sensory activities.
Sensory Explorer activities:
- Nature-based sensory games that focus on colour, season, textures, animal behaviour and survival
- Nature walk and tally chart making, displaying data that outlines plants and animals found in Centennial Parklands
- Bugliest bug (minibeast) hunt.
Curriculum links and syllabus outcomes:
- STe-1WS-S observes, questions and collects data to communicate ideas
- STe-3LW-ST explores the characteristics, needs and uses of living things
Read the Subject Page (PDF)