21 December 201310.00 am - 2.00 pm
22 December 201310.00 am - 2.00 pm
4 January 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
5 January 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
7 January 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
9 January 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
11 January 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
12 January 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
14 January 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
16 January 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
18 January 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
19 January 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
21 January 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
23 January 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
1 February 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
2 February 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
8 February 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
9 February 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
15 February 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
16 February 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
22 February 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
23 February 201410.00 am - 2.00 pm
Centennial Parklands' popular kids experience Pony Rides is a weekly activity in Centennial Park, operating every Saturday and Sunday (and public holidays) from 10.00 am - 2.00 pm.
Kids will enjoy this hand–led short pony rides that provides a wonderful introductory horse riding experience.
Please note this activity is subject to weather and will be cancelled in wet weather.
Age: 2–11 years
Meeting Point: Horse Track, corner of Grand Drive and Parkes Drive (near Centennial Parklands Dining)
Price: $15 per person
Purchase your Pony Ride tickets online via Eventbrite.
Tickets bought online are only valid for the date listed and no refunds will be given.
Please note if Pony Rides are cancelled due to wet weather your online ticket may be used on another day.
Cash tickets will also be available on the day.
- Priority will be given to holders of pre-purchased tickets but there may still be a short wait. Please arrive by 2.00 pm to ensure your ticket can be honoured. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pony Rides may not run on dates which coincide with major events.
Wet weather details
- In case of wet weather or high winds, please check the website for updates to confirm if the activity is going ahead.
Centennial Parklands is less than five kilometres from the Sydney central business district. Planning your visit to the Parklands is easy.
Centennial Parklands encourages the use of public transport. It is easy to get here by bus, train, car, bike or on foot. Please visit our Getting to the Parklands page for more detailed public transport information.
On weekends and major event days
Please be aware that on weekends and major event days there may be parking restrictions and traffic congestion. If you are attending a major event, please check our event listing closer to the event date for specific details on gate and road closure and any other access restrictions that may be in place.
Maps and venue locations
For other maps, including downloadable maps in pdf formats, please visit our Map page.
View Larger Map>
Every season Centennial Parklands releases its popular What's On program. This includes a range of programs and activities for children on school holidays, pre-schoolers, adults and families to enjoy. To help you find out more about what's on offer, you can:
- download our What's On brochure (PDF, 658kb) for a summary of What's On throughout the season.
- download a detailed What's On word document (PDF, 233kb).
You can also visit us in person at either:
- Parklands Office, Banksia Way, Centennial Park (8.30 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday); or
- Visitor Information Counter, adjacent to the Centennial Parklands Restaurant, Banksia Way, Centennial Park (9.00 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 2.00pm Saturday to Sunday).