CP Bush Rangers
8 January 20149.00 am - 4.00 pm
CP Bush Rangers is a firm school holiday favourite! Don't miss out!
Children will enjoy a day of wildlife, bushcrafts, outdoor challenges, games and free play all in the great outdoors of Centennial Parklands.
All programs are led by experienced staff who specialise in introducing nature and the outdoors to school age children in a safe, fun and challenging environment.
Activities are designed to allow children to play outside, to take part in problem solving and cooperative challenges. For parents who want an alternative to screen time!
This program is popular and places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
Age: 5–13 years
Times: 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
Meeting Point: The Learning Centre in the Education Precinct, off Dickens Drive, Centennial Park
- Bookings are essential, please call us on (02) 9339 6699.
- Make a Booking Enquiry
- Children to wear old clothes and bring a hat, sunscreen, water bottle, lunch and morning/afternoon tea (no peanut traces).
- Please note this program is popular and places are limited.
- Book early to avoid disappointment.
Centennial Parklands is less than five kilometres from the Sydney central business district. Planning your visit to the Parklands is easy.
Centennial Parklands encourages the use of public transport. It is easy to get here by bus, train, car, bike or on foot. Please visit our Getting to the Parklands page for more detailed public transport information.
On weekends and major event days
Please be aware that on weekends and major event days there may be parking restrictions and traffic congestion. If you are attending a major event, please check our event listing closer to the event date for specific details on gate and road closure and any other access restrictions that may be in place.
Maps and venue locations
For other maps, including downloadable maps in pdf formats, please visit our Map page.
View Larger Map>
Where is the Learning Centre?
Centennial Parklands Education Precinct - sustainability in action!
This multi-purpose precinct has the ability to cater for schools, community group and adult education usage, the volunteer nursery growing group, and is available to lease by service providers.
The Education Precinct has the principles of 'sustainability' and 'recycling' at its core, in fact:
- the Precinct itself is located on the site of an old tip; and
- the decking around the Learning Centre is made from recycled milk bottles
Come inside and discover...
- Find the Education Precinct - includes a map of where the precinct is located in Centennial Park
- The Learning Centre - an all-weather multi-function classroom and community-use space
- The Discovery Garden - a space that provides both demonstration opportunities and hands-on experiential gardening and recycling activities
- The Community Nursery - a fully-operational plant propagation facility for the use of volunteers, students and community groups
Want to book or volunteer?
- Book a Centennial Parklands school excursion or the Learning Centre for community use
- Join our Volunteer Growing Group
The development of the Centennial Parklands Education Precinct was made possible by the NSW Government, the Centennial Parklands Foundation, Visy and the Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust working together to deliver this great resource for the Parklands.
Every season Centennial Parklands releases its popular What's On program. This includes a range of programs and activities for children on school holidays, pre-schoolers, adults and families to enjoy. To help you find out more about what's on offer, you can:
- download our What's On brochure (PDF, 658kb) for a summary of What's On throughout the season.
- download a detailed What's On word document (PDF, 233kb).
You can also visit us in person at either:
- Parklands Office, Banksia Way, Centennial Park (8.30 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday); or
- Visitor Information Counter, adjacent to the Centennial Parklands Restaurant, Banksia Way, Centennial Park (9.00 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 2.00pm Saturday to Sunday).