Kids Big Fish
14 January 20149.00 am - 12.00 noon
23 January 20149.00 am - 12.00 noon
Carp are an aquatic pest species which degrade the quality of Parklands’ pond water. Volunteer anglers have been removing Carp in order to manage the population, but why should the adults have all the fun?
Come along to a great family activity, be coached by “Tony the Fish Whisperer” and gain some valuable hands on fishing skills.
Age: 8–15 years
Times: 9.00 am-12.00 pm
Meeting Point: Meet at the Busby Promontory, near Rose Garden, Centennial Park
- Bookings are essential, please call us on (02) 9339 6699.
- Make a Booking Enquiry
- Please note that the program scheduled for Thursday 26 September has been cancelled.
- Must bring own rod and reel.
- It is a strict condition that all children must be supervised by an adult.
- Non-fishing supervising adults are free!
Centennial Parklands is less than five kilometres from the Sydney central business district. Planning your visit to the Parklands is easy.
Centennial Parklands encourages the use of public transport. It is easy to get here by bus, train, car, bike or on foot. Please visit our Getting to the Parklands page for more detailed public transport information.
On weekends and major event days
Please be aware that on weekends and major event days there may be parking restrictions and traffic congestion. If you are attending a major event, please check our event listing closer to the event date for specific details on gate and road closure and any other access restrictions that may be in place.
Maps and venue locations
For other maps, including downloadable maps in pdf formats, please visit our Map page.
View Larger Map>
Every season Centennial Parklands releases its popular What's On program. This includes a range of programs and activities for children on school holidays, pre-schoolers, adults and families to enjoy. To help you find out more about what's on offer, you can:
- download our What's On brochure (PDF, 658kb) for a summary of What's On throughout the season.
- download a detailed What's On word document (PDF, 233kb).
You can also visit us in person at either:
- Parklands Office, Banksia Way, Centennial Park (8.30 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday); or
- Visitor Information Counter, adjacent to the Centennial Parklands Restaurant, Banksia Way, Centennial Park (9.00 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 2.00pm Saturday to Sunday).