Fri 16 Dec 20167.45 pm - 8.45 pm
Wed 21 Dec 20167.45 pm - 9.15 pm
Wed 4 Jan 20177.45 pm - 9.15 pm
Tue 10 Jan 20177.30 pm - 9.00 pm
Fri 13 Jan 20177.30 pm - 9.00 pm
Fri 17 Feb 20177.15 pm - 8.45 pm
Centennial Parklands is home to a variety of nocturnal creatures, from brushtail possums, microbats and tawny frogmouths to one of Sydney’s largest colonies of grey headed flying fox.
Join our experienced Rangers for a fascinating and surprising spotlight walk to see how the Park transforms when the sun goes down.
Dusk is a great time to see wildlife, especially microbats, which we will be using bat detectors to seek out.
Age: Adults or families welcome with children aged 5+, though please be aware the summer spotlight prowls run for 1.5hrs and finish late, so may not be suitable for young children. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Start times: 16 Dec 7.45 pm (1 hour), 21 Dec 7.45pm, 4 Jan 7.45pm, 10 Jan 7.30pm, 13 Jan 7.30pm, 17 Feb 7.15pm. Each Spotlight Prowl is approximately 1.5 hours long.
Meeting Point: Meet at Robertson Road Gates, Centennial Park
Price: $19 per person (Please book tickets for all attendees i.e. 4 tickets for 2 adults and 2 children)
Please bring a torch with you on the night.
- Please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Bookings are essential and must be made online. Please visit our Eventbrite webpage to purchase tickets:
- Cancellation policy: Once tickets are purchased no refunds, exchange or credits will be given, unless the event is cancelled by the Parklands due to dangerous conditions.
- This program is a popular family program - please book early to avoid disappointment.
- The Prowl goes for one hour.
- It is essential to bring a torch.
You might also be interested in:
- Wed 7 Dec 2016
- Wed 7 Dec 2016 - Sun 2 Apr 2017
- Wed 7 Dec 2016 - Mon 12 Dec 2016
- Thu 8 Dec 2016 - Sun 2 Apr 2017
- Thu 8 Dec 2016