Science in the Swamp
Sat 13 Aug 201611.00 am - 3.00 pm
A fun, free family festival of science displays and activities to celebrate National Science Week.
Meet a dinosaur, see a life-sized shark in a bus, enjoy our incredible science shows, learn more about lizards, snakes, bats and lots more...
Science in the Swamp is a free community event that promotes positive science engagement through numerous exhibitors:
- Shark in a bus: featuring a giant Great White Shark as well as whaling artefacts, fossils, sharks jaws and hundreds of other amazing exhibits.
- Erth Dinosaur: don't miss the dinosaur appearance throughout the day.
- Fizzics education: join them for some exciting science experiments, giant bubbles and more.
- Tree Veneration Society: learn more about the Paperbarks and listen to what's happening inside a tree...
- Venomous snakes: see these impressive reptiles a little bit closer.
- Australian wildlife displays: discover fascinating animals including , lizards, birds, possums, flying foxes, frogs and more.
- Nutty scientist: scientific shows based on sustainable uses of energy, water and impact of the use of plastics/metals on the environment.
- Creative science: science mash-up shows that will entertain the whole family.
- Plus pot plant activities, urban beekeeping display, hands-on microscope exhibition and many other fun exhibitors to check out during this fantastic science festival.
Age: All welcome
Times: 11.00 am - 3.00 pm
Meeting Point/Venue: Centennial Park
Bookings: No bookings required
Thanks to our sponsors
Centennial Parklands gratefully acknowledges the assistance from our sponsors in making this event possible.