Traffic and access changes for Moonlight Cinema season 16/17
Posted: 21 November 2016
Sydney’s favourite outdoor cinema, Moonlight Cinema, is now on in Centennial Park's Belvedere Amphitheatre and will run until Sunday 2 April 2017.
Operational changes in Centennial Park
To facilitate easier patron access and parking in the vicinity the following traffic changes will be implemented in the Park for the Moonlight Cinema season from 1 December 2016. Please note if you drive, ride or walk in this area of the Park regularly please read on.
- Carrington Drive will become one way from Woollahra Gates to Paddington Gates from 5.30 pm from December through to April each Moonlight Cinema screening day.
- Parking is available north (to the right) of the dotted line from 6.00 pm.
- Broome Avenue will be closed from 23 November 2015 to 2 April 2017.
- Loch Avenue is closed southbound from Woollahra Gates to Robinson Drive from approximately 5.30 pm and from Grand Drive to Woollahra Gates from approximately 7.30 pm each evening on Moonlight Cinema screening nights only.
There are no gates closures for this event. Cinema parking entry and exit is via Woollahra and Paddington Gates only.
- Special Event Clearways are set up along Loch Ave North from 6.00 pm to 1.00 am.
- No parking is permitted on Loch Ave North during the event screenings.
- Special Event Clearways are set up along Carrington Drive from 5.30 pm to 6.00 pm.
Sounds checks and impacts
This event does have amplified sound however it is contained within the event site. In order to minimise the impact on neighbours, and to preserve the integrity of the Parklands, the event organiser works closely with us and acoustic engineers throughout the season to ensure sound levels comply at all times with our Noise Management Plan.
For any sound issues at night when the event is operational please contact the Moonlight Cinema Sound Hotline: 0451 975 224.
For other Park related issues, please contact (02) 9339 6699 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the safety of yourself, motorists and other visitors to the Park, please follow the one-way direction of Carrington Drive after 5.00 pm each day of the Moonlight Cinema season. You can still enjoy riding through this part of the park, however there have been a number of incidents occurring with cyclists riding against the flow of traffic after 5.00 pm. We appreciate your assistance in complying with this road rule.
Alternatively, cyclists are encourage to use the new Oxford Street Cycyleway instead on Carrington Drive.
We ask that you obey all directions given by Park Rangers as they are for your safety, and that of other park visitors and workers on or around the event site. Fines may apply for non-compliance as per the Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust Regulation 2014.
Read the Moonlight Cinema FAQs