Kids Big Fish
2 July 20139.00 am - 12.00 pm
11 July 20139.00 am - 12.00 pm
Carp are an aquatic pest species which degrade the quality of Parklands’ pond water. Volunteer anglers have been removing Carp in order to manage the population, but why should the adults have all the fun?
Come along to a great family activity, be coached by “Tony the Fish Whisperer” and gain some valuable hands on fishing skills.
Age: 8–15 years
Times: 9.00 am-12.00 pm
Meeting Point: Meet at the Busby Promontory, near Rose Garden, Centennial Park
- Bookings are essential, please call us on (02) 9339 6699.
- Make a Booking Enquiry
- Must bring own rod and reel.
- It is a strict condition that all children must be supervised by an adult.
- Non-fishing supervising adults are free!
Centennial Parklands is less than five kilometres from the Sydney central business district.
Centennial Parklands encourages the use of public transport. It is easy to get here by bus, train, car, bike or on foot. Please visit our Getting to the Parklands page for more detailed public transport information. If you do drive, there are parking options available within Centennial Parklands, however on weekends and major event days there may be parking restrictions and traffic congestion.
View Larger Map>
You can also view our interactive map for locations of venues and activities.
For other maps, including downloadable maps in pdf formats, please visit our Map page.
Every season Centennial Parklands releases its popular What's On program. This includes a range of programs and activities for children on school holidays, pre-schoolers, adults and families to enjoy. To help you find out more about what's on offer, you can:
- download our What's On brochure (PDF, 658kb) for a summary of What's On throughout the season.
- download a detailed What's On word document (PDF, 233kb).
You can also visit us in person at either:
- Parklands Office, Banksia Way, Centennial Park (8.30 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday); or
- Visitor Information Counter, adjacent to the Centennial Parklands Restaurant, Banksia Way, Centennial Park (9.00 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 2.00pm Saturday to Sunday).