Parks and nature are critically important to your health. Did you know simply visiting a park can bring a range of positive benefits to your mental and physical health?
There is much research from Australia and internationally on the benefits to human health from contact with nature and spending time in parks.
We will be compiling a list of information and resources on this page to share this knowledge and help you understand how you can improve your life by spending time in parks.
Research and articles
- Healthy Parks Healthy People (PDF, 1 MB): a comprehensive literature review of evidence linking the mental and physical health benefits of parks and nature on the community
- Biodiversity – our health depends on it: an article discussing how the loss of biodiversity effects human health
On the blog - latest health and fitness news and advice
- Improved health is a walk in the park
- Centennial Health Club delivers indoor exercise in the Parklands
- Centennial Park Honey goes on sale
- Exercise Your Mood
- Healthy Park equals Healthy Heart
- Centennial Parklands - sports infographic
- E.S. Marks Athletics Field – accredited coaches go free
- Love Moore Park? Come and inject some green health!
- EcoMeditation provides another aspect of park life
Health and fitness-related businesses in Centennial Parklands
Health and Fitness eNewsletter
To help promote good health and improved fitness, we have launched a Health and Fitness eNewsletter. This monthly resource will be packed full of tips, advice, latest news and information on all the great opportunities available across the Parklands for you to take advantage of. Subscribe here.