Snapshot

  • Self-guided Walks


    Staying fit and healthy is just a walk in the Park! Download our free Centennial Park walking apps - available for Apple and Android smartphones. More info and download links here.

  • Swamp Closures


    Lachlan Swamp will close on days above 36C to minimise disturbance to the Flying Foxes. There will be no access to visitors.

  • Centennial Park History Book


    Our great new book on the history of Centennial Park is now on sale, and can be ordered online. Great gift idea. More info.

print Resize Text SmallerResize Text Larger

Anzac Parade Obelisk

Anzac Parade ObeliskAnzac Parade was originally called Randwick Road. In 1917 a striking sandstone obelisk dedicated to the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps was erected at the start of the road after it was renamed Anzac Parade.

The obelisk was designed and constructed by R H Brodrick, the city architect.

The plaque on the obelisk reads: “This remodeled roadway was officially opened by Lady Mayoress of Sydney Mrs RD Meagher. 15 March 1917. the Rt Hon RD Meagher, MLA, Speaker Lord Mayor of Sydney. RHJ Brodrick, City Architect. AM Brigg, City Surveyor. TN Nesbitt, Town Clerk.”